Social and Economic Enhancement Programme – SEEP is a private voluntary development organization with a vision to create a society for children which is free of exploitation, discrimination and violence and supports growth to their highest potential. Established in 1985 with its head office in Dhaka and has the mandate to protect the children from all sorts of hazardous condition including disaster and emergencies across Bangladesh.
SEEP works in urban context and has been implementing a project titled BGD_Unilever_COVID-19_UK Hygiene and Behaviour Change Project with financial support from Unilever Plc to achieve the goal.
Now, SEEP invites application from the experienced professionals with proven track record for the following position for its PROYASH-II Project supported by Save the Children.
Position Title: Project Officer-WASH
No. of position: 01 (One)
Job Description/ Responsibilities:
This position will be reportable to the Project Coordinator
- Responsible for day-by-day operation of project activities.
- Prepare plan, select beneficiary and conduct survey.
- Prepare work plan budgeting, procurement and file management.
- Coordinate implementation of the WASH activities as per the work plan and or defined by supervisor.
- Spot selection and installation hand washing station in Community
- Assist PC to prepare distribution plan and PDM etc.
- Cash transfer and hand washing materials distribute to slum dwellers.
- Provide PPE to frontline health staff.
- Conduct awareness building session on personal hygiene and WASH of the target community.
- Document and share the best practices, lesson learned and case studies.
- Facilitate meeting, training, workshop and seminar etc.
- Develop IEC / BCC materials.
- Prepare progress report of the project activities.
- Collaborating and coordinating with the government, NGOs, different Health Centre on WASH issues at DNCC, Zone and others with your supervisor.
- Regular monitoring of the WASH activities at field level.
- Monitor and follow up the volunteers activities.
- Assist and guide the volunteers for smooth functioning of the project.Perform any other duties as assigned by the appropriate authority
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 2 to 3 year(s)
- Experience working in the NGO sector
- Working experience in urban slum will be asset for the role
- Analytical skills and decision making ability even in complex and sensitive situations
- Experience to deal with children and youth group
- Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to absorb information quickly
- Good working relationships with colleagues, partners, external actors and allies
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, priorities workload and ‘multitask’
- Multicultural awareness and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Highly organized, reliable attention to detail and ability to work independently when needed;
- Excellent communication skills including a good level of written and spoken English
- Basic computer skills
- Graduation/ Masters in any discipline
This job description and person specification may be subject to change because of operational requirements.
Duration: 05 Months (Extendable based on donor funding and performance)
Salary : BDT 44,453 (Monthly) with other benefits as per project budget
Location : Dhaka & Savar
If you feel that your qualification and experience matches with our requirements, and you would like to contribute to SEEP’s values and vision, please send your updated CV (contact cell phone number, email ID, two referees, two recent PP size photograph, photocopies of NID/Smart Card and all academic & experience certificates) along with cover letter to: Director, Human Resources, Social and Economic Enhancement Programme-SEEP, House # 05, Road # 04, Block # A, Section # 11, Mirpur, Dhaka-1216 within August 11, 2020 on or before 5:00 p.m.
Please mention the position applied for at the top side of the envelope. Any sorts of verbal or written persuasion will result in disqualification. Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
”SEEP is an equal opportunity employer”
Application deadline: August 11, 2020
Social and Economic Enhancement Programme-SEEP
House # 05, Road # 04, Block # A, Section # 11, Mirpur, Dhaka-1216
Business: Promotion and Protection Child Rights