- JOB SUMMARY
|Name of the Position
|No. Of Vacancy
|Teknaf, Cox’s Bazar
|Upto 31 Dec 2023
|Finance, Account & Admin
- ABOUT SEEP
Social and Economic Enhancement Programme-SEEP is a private voluntary development organization with a vision to create a society for children which is free of exploitation, discrimination and violence and supports growth to their highest potential. Established in 1985 with its head office in Dhaka and has the mandate to protect the children from all sorts of hazardous condition including disaster and emergencies across Bangladesh.
SEEP works in emergency response and humanitarian context and has been implementing a project titled ‘Humanitarian support to cyclone Mocha-affected families in Teknaf, Cox’s Bazar’ with technical support from Welfhungerhilfe (WHH) Bangladesh, to support to the host community to cope with shocks and stress` of Cyclone Mocha.
- ROLE PURPOSE
The FINANCE OFFICER (FO) will assume the overall oversight of financial activities of emergency response towards the host communities in Cox’s Bazar, under the supervision of Project Manager and in collaboration with the Finance Director of SEEP. The Finance Officer (FO) will be based in Cox’s Bazar district to lead the project titled ‘Humanitarian support to cyclone Mocha-affected families in Teknaf, Cox’s Bazar,’ mainly to support to the host community to cope with shocks and stress` of Cyclone Mocha, with a plan to diversify the portfolio.
The Finance Officer (FO) will provide strategic leadership in financial activities in collaboration with Project Manager to ensure the emergency portfolio is coherent and effective in supporting the host communities and is in line with SEEP’s country ambitions. The Finance Officer(s) will provide support to financial processes of the project, thus in a way contribute to efficient implementation of SEEP and donor’s policies and procedures that support to achieve the related objectives/indicators of the Strategic Plan.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Finance Officer (FO) is responsible to Books of Accounts & Reporting, process the payment of suppliers, providing support to program team in maintaining the Multipurpose cash distribution, Prepare Periodic Report and Budget Follow-up, administrative support, travel bill of staff; process salary payment of project staff, intercompany discharge, fund receive processing, vat & tax schedule preparation for audit reporting, vat & tax deposit to govt. treasury, ensuring compliances, fixed asset management, disburse cash fund and advances to staff members for smooth implementation of program. Other than this s/he maintains close coordination with SEEP Head Office, and project offices.
- QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- A combination of qualifications and experience in humanitarian setting, including emergency humanitarian response.
- Master’s degree/MBA along with 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in financial management and/or accounting. (For Bachelor’s Degree along with 5 years of experience)
- Working experience in emergency response, Human Resources, procurement, vendor management, e-tender, warehouse management, Food Voucher Assistance System, Agricultural and gardening training, WASH, Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM) and field office management is an asset
- Experience working in Rohingya camps, and host communities will be prioritized.
- Expertise in the local language of Cox’s Bazar will be preferred.
- Knowledge of project implementation and local laws and regulations is an asset
- Profound knowledge on Microsoft office, Google applications, ERP software, and other relevant computer skills.
- Experience in managing donors funded projects and relevant rapid-response funding mechanisms
- Strong management skills and competencies in planning and organizing.
- Can prioritize effectively, build alternative actions into plans, review priorities and gather and deploy resources effectively.
- Commitment to equal opportunity, gender equality, inclusiveness and diversity.
- Demonstrated experience in integrating gender and diversity issues into programs.
- Evidence of project cycle management experience, including strategic planning, budgeting, reporting, monitoring & evaluation.
- Ability to communicate ideas in a culturally-sensitive manner and conducive to their practical application, especially in Cox’s Bazar context with an ability to adapt and work within a multicultural, multilingual and multidisciplinary environment
- Familiarity with SEEP’s policies, mandates and program quality processes are an asset.
- Experience in building the capacity of the team internally and of external stakeholders.
- Availability and fitness for travel.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administration and implementation of program and operational financial services
- Review and verify financial transactions/activities/documentation for accuracy, appropriateness and completeness and ensure full compliance of financial services and transactions, regulations, policies and recording and reporting systems.
- Certify transactions for accuracy and propriety prior to submission to the supervisor for approval and/or action.
- Analyze/interpret the financial rules and regulations, as well as established policies and procedures, and provide advice and recommend solutions to a wide range of financial/programmatic issues to partners.
- Collect, prepare, and review projects interim and final financial and audit reports and provides regular analysis to supervisor.
- Monitor and implement an effective and proper functioning of the financial management system.
- Manage the financial business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in admin/finance, in consultation with the supervisor.
- Monitor the financial status and implement control mechanisms of the projects and keep stakeholders and clients informed for timely actions/decisions. Review status reports for quality control.
- Recommend and/or implement cost saving and reduction strategies, in consultation with the management of the fund.
- Conduct financial spot-checks of the project to assess the soundness of the internal controls systems of the organization in addition to the accuracy of the financial records and programmatic achievements of the project.
- Follow-up and/or act on audit recommendations to ensure implementation of corrective actions. Assist in reviewing the audit reports on partner executed projects.
- Provide information for the audit of projects and implementation of audit recommendations.
- Support central finance team in the review and administration of projects
- Collect, verify, and present thoroughly researched information and data for use in the planning of allocation amounts and the formulation of program work plans, allocation papers, implementation arrangements and execution modalities.
- Provide information/guidance to the project team on routine implementation of projects.
- Keep track of the appropriate and timely use of financial resources.
- Verify accuracy of Reports as applicable. Take appropriate action to ensure accuracy and timely delivery of information.
- Assist in Implementation of control mechanism for projects through monitoring budgets preparation and utilization.
- Perform other duties as required by the Project Manager and SEEP management.
- Essential Deliverables
- Books of Accounts & Reporting:
- Check and ensure all bill voucher and finance documentations are made available on demand,
- Maintain up-to-date books of account, data entry and preserve all kinds subsidiary registers,
- Ensure all receipts and follow up of settlements of advances and evidences,
- Ensure all payments are charged into approved budget line,
- Ensure fund request, financial report and relevant documents are prepared in time,
- Maintain all kinds of banking transactions and associated tasks including bank reconciliation,
- Handling petty cash, filing of all vouchers.
- Prepare Periodic Report and Budget Follow-up:
- Prepare periodic (Monthly/Quarterly) budget variance analysis reports,
- Prepare and revise annual budget as per need,
- Ensured the expenditure are incurred and booked in accounts respective budget line, follow up and report to Project Manager
- Review the budget variance (under/Overspent) in the Budget line item and take timely corrective action for over or under expenditure.
- Introduce/execute/support organization’s administrative rules & procedures,
- Preserve and update of personnel files and related documents,
- Ensure logistics and materials as per program/admin requirements,
- Ensure mechanisms and direct support to staff for workable office environments,
- Review the expenditure of project office operation.
- Program support and Documentation:
- Improving and maintaining emergency plan and response capacity and in line with the project technical documents and budgets, ensure the project activities are implemented and verified as planned with the allocated budget and timeline
- Help to manage the implementation of distribution activities maintaining proper COVID-19 health precautions, ensuring activities as per budgets, ensuring donor compliance and program quality standards are met; ensure the tracking, monitoring, and quality reporting.
- Ensure the link between the Humanitarian projects interventions and the overall outcome of all programmatic aims according to the objectives and goals outlined in the project’s documents
- Track budget expenditure against activity implementation, recommending necessary budget line adjustments or budget review on time
- Build the capacity of the field teams’ through on-job training in technical areas, finance and budget.
- Ensure clear JDs and defined roles and responsibilities for the program team
- Contribute to the development of new Humanitarian program strategy, resources, and budgets for successful interventions
- Follow up day to day expenses/financial operation and advice to improving the lack and internal control system,
- Preserve and maintain filing of all important financial documents, legal documents, staff financial contract, MOU, third party contract, financial information served to GO body, donor agreements, approved plan & budget, project proposal, bank information and audit reports,
- Ensuring Compliance:
- Ensure scrutiny of budget request/bills/payment requests and availability of budget,
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are in compliance with donor and funding source policies, procedures, agreement clauses, along with organization’s financial policies,
- Contribute opinion in improving internal control systems, financial discipline, transparency and accountability,
- Maintain current knowledge of government requirements and ensure compliance with tax regulations and other legal regulations
- Review financial monitoring report and follow up the compliance.
- Fixed Asset Management:
- Ensure inventory and identification of fixed assets at office and expatriate location maintaining liaison with relevant department of head office,
- Reviews periodically inventory/stock management.
- Assistance to Internal Financial Monitoring Team and Auditors:
- Ensure all financial documentations are made available on demand of organizational financial monitoring team and external auditors,
- Response to audit queries and observation in consultation with Finance head of the organization,
- Support to organization in executing and follow up audit recommendations.
- Facilitate Tax & VAT deduction process:
- Ensure timely and properly deduction of vendor tax, VAT and personal tax, and deposit of taxes timely and preserves the all-relevant documents,
- Information update on tax and VAT deduction process.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Contribute to training initiatives on financial processes by conducting training and/or organizing training events and activities.
- Capture, synthesize lessons learned and best practices in financial management and services.
- Disseminate information and know-how on fund mechanisms as appropriate to build capacity and knowledge.
- Design and/or introduce innovations in financial business operational practices and management.
- Uphold SEEP´s values and contribute to the Head Office shared priorities
- Be aware of SEEP’s commitments to all policies and strive to uphold them.
- Be committed to promote SEEP’s core values at all times
- To support the documentation of government reports and assessments required from the start to the phasing out of the project.
- To support the Programme Development and Quality (PDQ) team in developing concept notes, situation reports and project proposal-related documents.
- Monitor the operational environment with respect to increased level of threat
- In Addition
- Any other task assigned by the Finance Director and Deputy Executive Director of SEEP.
- SEEP authority can deploy you in any emergency operations, if required.
- This job description/ responsibilities may be subject to change because of operational requirements.
SEEP is an equal-opportunity employer. Enthusiasts are requested to apply regardless of any gender orientation if you feel that your qualification and experience match our requirements, and you would like to contribute to SEEP`s values and vision. Please visit the mentioned links to apply.
Application Deadline: On or Before 04: 00 PM 3 July 2023
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. References will be taken, and background & Anti-terrorism checks will be carried out.
|As an independent development and humanitarian organization, we strive for a just world that advances children’s rights, gender equality and climate justice.
Any sort of verbal or written persuasion will result in disqualification. SEEP does not ask for or ever accept applications fees.
Visit us: www.seep.org.bd
To be connected with SEEP, please join with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.