Social and Economic Enhancement Programme-SEEP is a private voluntary development organization with a vision to create a society for children which is free of exploitation, discrimination and violence and supports growth to their highest potential. Established in 1985 with its head office in Dhaka and has the mandate to protect the children. SEEP works in urban context and will be implementing a 05 years project started from 1st February 2023. Titled Urban Green Graduation Programme (UGGP) with the financial support from Irish Aid and Technical Support from Concern Worldwide to achieve the goal that 2000 Pavement Dwellers, Squatters Settlement and Undevelopment slum dwellers who are extreme poor are Improved quality of life in Dhaka.
SEEP is inviting application from the committed & progressive development worker for the position of Psychosocial Counselor for the Project. This is the contractual position.
Job Title: Psychosocial Counselor.
The duration of the contract up to December 2027
Psychosocial Counsellor provided Psychosocial Counselling Support for the targeted beneficiaries prepares counseling and treatment plans, discharge plans, and follow-up. He will support to meet the project goal. This is an important position. Psychosocial Counsellor report to Programme Coordinator.
- Provide counseling for project beneficiaries attending in the different location;
- Provide counseling and emotional support to project participants who are living in pavement squatter’s settlement, under development slum.
- Refer project beneficiaries within professional network like Inerforce, Dhaka University etc. for further counseling, if required;
- Maintain confidentiality and security of project beneficiary’s information at all times;
- Prepare monthly work plan carryout field visits accordingly to the work plan. Responsible for reviewing the monthly achievement and adjust the work plan, if required the quarterly target & achieved;
- Prepare session wise and monthly/quarterly report and others related documents on counseling;
- As the work will be conducted at field sites with most at risk population for HIV, understanding of the issues/problems that may occur at field sites is essential. Must have the capacity to overcome those field problems on the spot;
- Responsible for maintaining excellent working relationship with the colleagues, management and beneficiaries
- Organize and facilitate parent’s monthly orientation and VAW related awareness with women man & others
- Provide psychosocial counseling for project participants on behaviors changes
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the management
- Work at the field & Office.
- Master’s degree in psychology or diploma in counseling from a reputed university/Institution.
- Candidates with more experience in psycho social counselling will be given special consideration.
- At least 03 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Counselling, Case study preparation
The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications especially word processing, spreadsheet and presentation tools.
- Good knowledge and understanding of humanitarian principles.
- Knowledge of the NGO Code of Conduct. Requires information management and telecommunication skills and computer skills.
- Knowledge of CRM, Safeguarding, Child Rights and Child Protection, Related Laws and Policies.
- Strong verbal and written skills in Bangla.
- Strong leadership quality and ability to work under pressure;
- Willingness to visit field activities frequently
- Likes to take the challenge;
- Excellent communication skills
- Report writing and documentation skills
- Excellent in rapport building and networking
Tk. 35,000/- (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits: Mobile bill, Local Transport, Weekly 2 holidays, Festival Allowance
Salary Review: Yearly (As per the project policy)
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV (3 pages maximum), passport-size color photograph with a cover letter (1 page) for the above position to the Director HR, Social and Economic Enhancement Programme (SEEP), House # 05, Road # 04, Avenue-11, Mirpur, Dhaka-1216. Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org please write down the mobile number in the application and the name of the position on the top of the envelope. Short-listed candidates will be called for the interview. This recruitment possesses equality of opportunity and non-discrimination for all job applicants and ensures we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, and disability.
Application Deadline: 28 May 2023
Social and Economic Enhancement Programme (SEEP), Head office: Grameen Bank, Administrative Bhaban-01, Level-12, Mirpur-02, Dhaka-1216. Website: www.seep.org.bd Business: Social and Economic Enhancement Programme-SEEP is a private voluntary development organization.